Thursday, March 31, 2005

Good day.

Of The end of the Boarding Party, Holi, and The Virtue of Beauty



The fabled day is upon us. You know, I don't think I really believed it existed. I mean, of course, I knew that is was coming. But, that is just it, it was always "coming". I never thought that it would ever get here. It was, in fact used to refer to that which was indefinitely far off. If something needed to be indefinitely put off, one said "Yeah, sure, after the Boards". Standard. It was the one sure thing. It was like the chronological opposite of anno domini. No longer. DEATH!! DEATH TAKE US ALL!!

On a less psychotic note, Holi just came and went. Now, as we all know, Holi day is a holy day and a holiday. I am sorry, I just had to ...
As a direct result of Holi, many nice people I knew have now turned a striking shade of purple, magenta, or a combination thereof. Also, I am gorging on my grandmothers brilliantly made gujhias (she made two hundred, so they'll last) and so life isn't all bad.

I have mentioned in my title that I intend to type about the 'virtue' of beauty. I was introduced to this concept by someone who I would not call a literate without a certain degree of hesitation. This person is a female model, in particular, one of those whose lack of intellect is only outweighed by their lack of clothing. Now, I don't mind this lot when they are posing for photoshoots of even when they are senselessly jumping helter-skelter to one of those God-awful remixes, but they should be positively banned from interviews.

Coming back to the point, there was this particular one, whose name I do not care to remember, who was on this show, whose name also I don't care to remember. So this particular one was going on about her life, and how she landed the good roles in school dramas by virtue of her beauty. Now, this is an entirely novel concept for little old me. Unfortunately, I was still laboring under the delusion that a virtue has to be something that should arise out of action, not out of inaction. What, are we supposed to belief this woman to be virtuous because she looks pretty? Its not much of an accomplishment, is it? I'm sorry, but I simply don't see looking like one thing or the other as a particularly difficult exercise. What pray did Miss Model-In-Question have to do with the contours of her face? Okay, so he foot thick make up is her doing (or at least her make up artists) but that is about it, innit? Her mum and dad (or at least her mum) had a lot to do with it, I'm sure, but her? The idiots they let lose on TV these days! It never ceases to amaze me.

That's it then. I meant to write a tad more, but it must wait.

AZGEZ BLOODFIST WAS HERE !!!

2 comments:

Karan said...

Please change the relevant link to : http://skaran.blogspot.com/

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

karan! just go to gangtok now. every blog i visit, i see this comment!
Nisheeth, ur quite taken up with lack of clothing and item girls these days eh? its all abt air headed bimbos, andim guessing testosterone doesnt have much to do with it?