Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Good day.

La Papa



Ioannes Paulus PP. II
Karol Wojtyla
16.X.1978



Pope John Paul, the second(1918 - 2005). I really liked the fellow. Pity about his death really, and I had no intention of making a joke with the last line of the previous post. The photo is courtesy http://www.vatican.va/, they also have a biography, in case anyone is interested. You might want to see this too. He was the ideal Pope, really. I suppose if Hinduism ever appoints an equivalent, the first apointee should be someone like Pope Paul.

1 comment:

Karan said...

I too liked the fellow. Yep, pity he died, but then again it's good for the fellow. There's no point living like a zombie. All this while in Gangtok I was hoping they'd let him die soon and not prolong his life for a few more hours, as there was no hope in his survival.