Sunday, April 24, 2005

Good day.

Persona Bloodfistonia, Entry One.

Prateek Chadha


I have decided to go in chronological order. Contrary to popular belief he is as of now my oldest acquaintance. Of all the people that I will mention in this, the Persona Bloodfistonia, PC is the one person, my first meeting with who I don't remember. In any case it must have been in the beginning of the fourth grade because that was the first time we were actually in the same class. I faintly remember that when we were in the fourth and fifth grades we were the two people at the top of our class and there was this competition. No that there was any rivalry, mind you, I like to think that we hit off (nobody get any ideas) the first time we met, and it must have been something like that because I remember that when the results use to come out we would get this little copy out to compute our aggregate scores. Each would try to convince the other how he had topped "this time". Chadha was (and still is) the sportsman of the two of us, and the natural born leader, which would explain him getting the sports captain's position in junior school and head boy's position at RKP. Even then, Chadha was the eternal optimist and the ideal extrovert that he very much is today. It was probably because of my own introversive outlook on life, or maybe it was PC, but in any case back then, if you got to know PC, you would know that he had a very domineering attitude. I don't know how true that is today, but it was then.

We had this weird friendship, because we positively never called each other (on the phone). It was the most awkward thing, calling each other, and it sill is, when one of us called. Mind you there was never a lack of communication. Quite inexplicable, when one thinks about it, because we are the best of friends. It was with PC that I went for, and won, my first interschool quiz.
In my personal opinion, PC is the single most careless person in existence. That may no longer be true, and I will be the first to admit that he has improved in this respect, but I still won't trust him to buy the tickets for a movie. Maybe I am paranoid. Also, in all the years I have known him one thing I have always felt: he is the single most insecure person I know. This will surprise many people, and still more will say that I have no clue what I am talking about, Prateek will not be one of them. Truth be told, whenever I am around him, I get the feeling that he thinks he's got to prove something. This may not be true with others, but it is with me. He also quite enjoys dropping little comments about how inconvenient his size is for him so it becomes the topic of conversation for a bit. It sounds cheap doesn't it? It's not. I used to dislike it, now I sort of egg him on. He is the person who effectively kicked me out of the school quiz team and it didn't affect the friendship one bit. Though I still claim I bowed out. But that is what it was like, see? There was just this comfort level ...

We sort of broke off for a bit, towards the beginning of eleventh. This would be about the time he met the love interest of his life. We are just as good friends mind you, just that we met only intermittently after that.

To summerize, PC is my oldest friend, and is the only friend that I haven't figured out completely (that is, to my satisfaction).

Professionally, he is an aspiring law student who studied computer science and biology and is enrolling in Princeton; for an Economics course. Go figure.

AZGEZ BLOODFIST WAS HERE !!!

No comments: